Commercial horticulture in the Monroe County area is a $130 million a year business and continues to grow.
Your CCE Commercial Horticulture Program provides accurate and
reliable information for the green industry in Monroe County.
Educational programs highlight:
- improving production efficiency to increase yields and reduce costs
- improving marketing and retailing strategies
- Improving plant growth, maintenance and pest control options
Examples of research-based information aiding in business decisions:
- Two restricted-use formulations of Emametin Benzoate &
Imidacloprid are the most efficacious treatments for Emerald Ash Borer.
- Only with a complete soil analysis should one apply supplemental phosphorus in order to grow a quality turf.
- Fall lawn fertilizer applications are less likely to harm water
quality when applied prior to October 15th than later applications with
no difference in turf quality.
Benefits of Horticulture Enrollment:
- Special pricing on diagnostic lab samples.
- Commercial Horticulture Newsletter produced here serving this area’s needs.
- Program activity announcements and pesticide regulation updates.
- Locally developed educational programs and field days throughout the year.
- Cornell Guidelines available at cost.
- Reduced rates for you and your staff at selected training.
Last updated August 9, 2018