Join our team! Position available for Horticulture Program Coordinator. Apply by July 20!
All applications with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County and other county extension associations must be submitted through the Cornell University employment system. We post available job and internship opportunities on this page when they become available, with links to the Cornell website, for your convenience.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County has an exciting Program Coordinator position available. The Program Coordinator will provide program coordination and support to the Horticulture program and facilitate the dissemination of horticulture information to the residents of Monroe County utilizing a trained volunteer corp. Serve as primary contact and coordinator for the Master Gardener Volunteer program. 30 hour position / excellent benefits
See the complete job description and required qualifications here. Deadline for consideration is July 20, 2017.
Responsibilities Include/not limited to:
- Provide program support to Association Master Gardener program volunteers.
- Maintain and prepare teaching materials necessary for Horticulture program applying existing subject matter knowledge.
- Coordinate, compile and organize existing program resources and program materials.
- Schedule volunteer events, meetings and training to foster contact and relationship building within Master Gardener volunteer base.
- Assist with coordination of marketing and promotion of Horticulture programming through public relation initiatives and networking/collaborating with government, economic, educational and other organizations.
- Coordinate Master Gardener educational seminars including venue reservation, scheduling registration, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule annual DEC 30-hr Pesticide Certification (Horticulture School), bi-annual Master Gardener Certification, Gathering of Gardeners Symposium, and Annual Plant Sale Fundraiser.
- Effectively maintain existing professional relationships with other agencies, organizations and businesses that promote effective communication and facilitate continued programming efforts.
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Education. (Associate Degree with 2 yrs transferable program/functional experience may substitute).
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Proficiency with windows-based software including use of the internet and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel.
Exciting opportunity available for a skilled individual to join an innovative business team to provide technical support and assistance in the area of IT and HR for nine Cooperative Extension Associations in the Western NY area (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Monroe, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming) plus small satellite offices.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Serve as initial “Point of Contact” to provide end-user support; troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, application, network, router, user access, encryption, printer, online conferencing and/or related issues within the region.
- Assist with maintaining and/or updating Association websites. Provide training and resource materials to staff as necessary.
- Provide support and training for setup and use of online conferencing technology. Troubleshoot issues related to online conferencing tools.
- Deliver IT and HR technical training in both one-on-one settings and in group settings.
- Assist with management and monitoring of computers, network and other Association IT assets.
- Install and configure software and hardware (Windows OS, drivers, printers, etc.).
- Assist with establishing and maintaining access permissions including e-mail, file server, and websites.
- Coordinate new staff onboarding processes (NetID activation, e-mail setup, user access, computer navigation, payroll and HRIS systems introductions, etc.) within the region.
**Please note that position requires frequent travel within the region to successfully deliver the key components of this position**
Preferred Skills/Knowledge include, but not limited to:
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications including
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and Access
- Online Conferencing tools (currently Zoom)
- Hardware (computers, printers, routers, switches, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with creating instructional documentation
- Attention to detail
- Certification (CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ etc.)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
See the complete job description and required qualifications HERE. Deadline for consideration is July 10, 2017.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Association may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. If you require an accommodation so that you may participate in the selection process you are encouraged to contact Cornell Cooperative Extension Administrative Systems at (607) 255-2117, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Last updated June 23, 2017