Flower City Feeling Good Gardening Workshops
Join our Horticulture Educator, Walt Nelson, as well as other gardening experts for Flower City Feeling Good Gardening Workshops. Learn all about growing and maintaining edible gardens. Workshops are taking place at the City of Rochester Urban Agriculture Garden and Training Center (RUAGTC)located at 500 Norton St.
- Successful Watering Techniques
- June 15, 6-8 p.m.
- Learn about tools and techniques that help you spend less time, effort and water and that help prevent disease.
- Composting Basics
- June 22, 6-8 p.m.
- Learn how to make ‘black gold’ using debris from your home garden.
- Attracting Pollinators
- July 6, 6-8 p.m.
- Learn to identify beneficial insects and the importance of pollinators for bountiful harvests.
- Growing Herbs for Tea
- July 13, 6-8 p.m.
- Learn how to make your own herbal tea blends with herbs from your home garden!
- Tips for Growing Berry Crops
- July 20, 6-8 p.m.
- Learn how to include crops such as strawberries, raspberries and blackberries into your garden plans.
- Extending the Growing Season
- Aug. 10, 6-8 p.m.
- Learn how to extend the garden season beyond the summer calendar!
- Preparing for the Next Growing Season
- Aug. 24, 6-8 p.m.
- Learn how to prepare the edible garden for winter in order to minimize disease, weeds and insects.
Last updated June 9, 2016