High Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) can Severely Impact Domestic Poultry!
Look for these clinical signs to determine if there is an outbreak in your flock:
• Reduced energy or appetite
• Lower egg production; soft-shelled or misshapen eggs
• Swelling of the head, eyelids, comb, wattles, and shanks
• Purple discoloration of the wattles, comb, and legs
• Difficulty breathing
• Runny nose, sneezing
• Twisting of the head and neck
• Stumbling or falling down
• Decreased activity
• Complete stiffness
Tips on Reporting Unusual Mortality - USDA Checklist - below is a general guide to practicing good bio-security, but if you have a site-specific bio-security plan, please follow it. Commercial growers should be sure their site-specific plans follow the National Poultry Improvement Plan bio-security principles.
Last updated March 7, 2022