Plant Submission Form
Fill out the Plant Submission Form. Provide name of the plant if known, plant care, and description of site conditions. Include photographs if available.
- If submitting a weed, wildflower, or other herbaceous plant for identification, please include
the whole plant including roots if possible.
- Approximately a 4 x 4 inch section. Include roots and both healthy and diseased grass. Samples consisting of dead grass are not useful.
Herbaceous Plants i.e.
annuals, perennials and vegetables
- Submit the whole plant including roots if small. Otherwise include plant sections that exhibit symptoms.
Trees and Shrubs
- Submit a branch(s) 12-18 inches in length exhibiting
the symptoms but not completely dead.
- Include leaves, flowers, fruits as available showing a range of symptoms. Dead leaves, plants or dead branches are not useful as they no longer contain the source of the problem.
Photo by USDA Forest Service - North Central
Research Station Archive.
Last updated April 28, 2022